1. In accessing information from this Website the User agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use as set out below
2. This Website contains proprietary notices and copyright information the terms of which the User agrees to observe and follow
3. The User assumes full responsibility for the protection of his computer system including computer hardware software and stored data on his computer system included hardware software and stored data of third parties who may access or be otherwise connected to the User's computer system. The User will assume the responsibility of ensuring that programmes or other data downloaded or otherwise received from this Website are free from viruses worms Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature
4. 'Picture The Past' will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to 'Picture The Past' via the site or otherwise and stored by 'Picture The Past' is not accessed by unauthorised third parties. The User accepts the risk that data transmitted electronically to 'Picture The Past' via this Website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching 'Picture The Past' or accessed from 'Picture The Past' data storage by third parties not authorised by 'Picture The Past' and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
5. 'Picture The Past' makes no representations as to the security quality or property of any Website which may be accessed through this Website and accepts no liability for the content or for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on information contained in such Websites or goods or services purchased therefrom. Connected Websites accessed through the Site are independent Websites over which 'Picture The Past' does not exercise any control whether financial editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by 'Picture The Past'.
6. Information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes. Information may be changed or updated without notice and any queries relating to the information including queries as to its recency and accuracy should be addressed to: email@example.com
7. All information made available from within this Website is provided "as is" for information purposes only and without warranty of any kind either express or implied including but not limited to any warranties as to non-infringement of rights merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8.1 'Picture The Past' accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any data corruption interception or delay or any inaccuracies or errors that may occur and any liability in respect thereof is excluded to the full extent permitted by Law.
8.2 In no circumstances will 'Picture The Past' be liable to the Purchaser for any direct indirect consequential special or other damage howsoever resulting from the use of this Website or any other Website connected to the Website by means of a hypertext link or otherwise. This shall be the case whether such damage is caused by transmission from this Website (or a connected Website) to the User's computer system of viruses worms Trojan horses or other destructive items corrupted data or data incompatible with the User's computer system or of third parties' interception of or access to data of whatever nature. "Data" includes (without limitation) personal data and credit and payment card information transmitted by the User electronically to 'Picture The Past' or otherwise. Such damage shall include (without limitation) lost profits interruption to business loss of the whole or any part of a program or programs or any data howsoever stored whether saved on a computer system or otherwise.
9.1 'Picture The Past' will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the User's privacy is protected. When the User places an order 'Picture The Past' will require to know the name delivery address credit or debit card number and expiry date E-Mail address and telephone number. This information allows 'Picture The Past' to fulfil the User's order and notify the User of the status of the order.
9.2 'Picture The Past' may ask the User to answer various general questions about themselves including any areas in which the User is interested so that information can be tailored to cover the areas which 'Picture The Past' believe the User might be interested in for future reference
9.3 'Picture The Past' may also use the User's information for the purpose of providing the User with information about any special features of 'Picture The Past''s Website which is believed may be of interest to the User and for related marketing purposes. If the User would rather not receive this material please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting User information the User also consents to this use.
9.4 If at any time the User wishes to receive information about any other areas which they currently do not receive or wishes to stop receiving any information the User may amend or remove preferences by contacting 'Picture The Past' email@example.com
9.5 The personal data collected by 'Picture The Past' will be evaluated periodically to determine whether it should continue to hold such data. The User will be notified from time to time through mailings of the continued use of personal data and be given the opportunity to notify 'Picture The Past' if the User does not wish data to be continually held
9.6 'Picture The Past' does not intend to export User data outside the European Union and will only be storing the information supplied together with details of the activities the User has undertaken with 'Picture The Past' and mailings that have been sent
.7 Whilst 'Picture The Past' does not sell, trade or rent the User's personal data to others at present, it may chose to do so in the future with trustworthy and specific third parties. 'Picture The Past' will always e-mail the User prior to doing such a thing in order to gain the User's specific permission to transmit data in such a way
9.8 'Picture The Past' may provide aggregate statistics about customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third party vendors but these will not include any personally identifying information
10. 'Picture The Past' may monitor User traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help it develop and improve the Website for the benefit of all Users.
11. The Internet is not a secure medium. 'Picture The Past' will use reasonable endeavours to keep User information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosure of User information. 'Picture The Past' will not sell or pass User information on to any third parties without first obtaining the User's consent
12. Because the Internet infrastructure is global and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information the User provides may be transferred temporarily via a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area as it passes between the User and 'Picture The Past'. By submitting your information you consent to this transfer
13.1 The Copyright in this Website belongs in all respects to 'Picture The Past' all other intellectual property rights are reserved
13.2 The Website is for personal and non-commercial use only. Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, licence, or create derivative works or sell any information detained from the Website. Users may download information or images for personal use only
14.. It is acknowledged by the User that it is not technically possible for 'Picture The Past' to provide a completely fault free service and 'Picture The Past' gives no guarantees or warranties express or implied as to the quality or reliability of access to this site
15. 'Picture The Past' reserves the right to suspend or cancel this site or otherwise refuse access to it immediately and without notice for any reason including but not limited to maintenance repair or updating at any time at its absolute discretion. 'Picture The Past' accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with the User's use of this Website whether in contract tort, negligence or breach of Statutory Duty or otherwise
16.1 Nothing in these terms shall exclude 'Picture The Past's liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of 'Picture The Past' its employees agents or contractors resulting from the use of this Website
17. 'Picture The Past' publishes the images and information on this Website in good faith but accepts no liability for the accuracy or decency thereof. 'Picture The Past' will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all intellectual property rights are respected and that the information and images are accurate and neither defamatory or offensive
18. The failure by 'Picture The Past' to enforce any term or condition hereof or of the Conditions of Sale shall not be deemed as a waiver of the right to enforce such term or condition in the software
19. This Website is situated in England and all the terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts
Conditions of Sale
These Conditions of Sale shall apply to any order for goods from 'Picture The Past' by the Purchaser made from this Website.
'Picture The Past' will provide the goods upon the following Conditions of Sale:
1. 'Picture The Past' invites you the User to view the goods as displayed.
2. If you wish to make a purchase you should complete the relevant details on the screen.
3.1 'Picture The Past' may at its option either accept or reject your offer to pay for and purchase the goods.
3.2 If 'Picture The Past' accepts your offer, it will use all reasonable endeavours to prepare and despatch the goods within three working days
3.2.1 Delivery will be made by an external carrier and 'Picture The Past' cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by or resulting from the actions of the external carrier.
3.2.2 'Picture The Past' does not warrant that it can procure the delivery of the goods within the stated time.
3.3 If 'Picture The Past' rejects your offer to purchase you will be notified and/or advised of an alternative method of purchase.
4.1 All orders are subject to availability and 'Picture The Past' at its sole discretion reserves the right to refuse any offer to purchase by any company or individual for whatever reason.
4.2 'Picture The Past' shall not be required to disclose or explain any acceptance or rejection of offers
5. If 'Picture The Past' accepts your offer it shall take payment in accordance with the prices set out on the Pricing Schedule. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card the data will be provided through an encrypted Secure Server operated by an independent company approved by a number of the High Street Banks
6. 'Picture The Past' will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your credit card information. However, any losses incurred or sustained by you when you transmit information by means of e-mail or other Internet link shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such losses in whole or in part be accepted by 'Picture The Past'. If you are using a public computer, you should sign out when you have finished the transaction.
7. If you discover that goods have been ordered using your credit card by someone not authorised to do so you should: (i) inform your credit card company, the Police and 'Picture The Past' of the unauthorised purchase as soon as you discover it; and (ii) co-operate with your credit card company, the Police and 'Picture The Past' in relation to the unauthorised use.
8. 'Picture The Past' cannot be held liable for any goods lost or damaged in transit by 'Picture The Past''s external carrier.
9. Neither you nor 'Picture The Past' shall be liable to the other in respect of loss damage or delay if the cause of such loss etc. shall arise from any act of government or other competent authority or any public utility of external postal or courier services or Internet Service Provider flood storm tempest or other freak of nature riot civil or commotion action of hostile foreign state (whether or not a formal declaration of war has been made given or received) fire explosion malicious damage act of God or other force majeure occurrence which could not have been avoided or mitigated by the application of due diligence or foresight
10.1 All Website design, text, graphics software source codes and design rights and the selection of images etc on the Website or the arrangement thereof are the copyright of 'Picture The Past'. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for personal use only. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution or re-publication) is strictly prohibited.
10.2 Copyright and first publication rights in all images displayed shall vest in 'Picture The Past' or the acknowledged copyright owner.
10.3 Reproduction of any image is strictly prohibited unless authorised in writing.
11. This Agreement is made in England and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
12.1 We deliver prints of the highest quality, all of which are double-checked at our office before despatch. However, if something appears to be wrong with your prints when you receive them, let us know immediately and we will endeavour to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
12.2 If you have placed an order by mistake or would like to cancel your order for another reason, please call 01332 595632 within 24 hours of placing your order or on the Monday following an order made over the weekend. (Our customer service lines are open Monday - Friday 9.30 am - 4.30 pm.)
12.3 To the fullest extent permitted by law 'Picture The Past' provides this Website and its content as seen and makes no express representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the Website or its content.
12.4 The price and availability of goods and products supplied via the Website is subject to change without notice.